Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rainbow minnows and piranha bites (A dream)

Setting: Friends, family and former class students at an outdoor seaside garden party...hours before I had been trapped in a building with laughter in the background - when I finally got out I was running down stairs and saw some former students of mine coked out on the stairs staring at me as if they knew they were lost but couldn't ask for help - sprinted past them and ran out to the garden party where everyone wandered around alive, but not. They looked at me yet couldn't ask me anything, their eyes pleading for help. I ran around shoving and jostling friends and parents though they could do nothing but fall or stumble to the ground as I touched them...at this point I felt strength as superman fill me, cliché as it might sound, and ran to the water, wondering if the dark waters held an answer as to unlocking my friends' dilemma. Swimming deeply I began to see swirling movements in different areas and approached one of these areas carefully, seeing rainbow colors mix and swim into each other so quickly it appeared an artist was blurring paints on a palette. Reaching out with my hand, I felt individual fish whirling in a ball, and suddenly saw one latch it's teeth on my index finger. I should have wailed in pain though knew I was immune to this piranha-esque minnow. I took ahold of its head and squeezed it hard enough to crush and powder bone, yet it accomplished nothing. Releasing it back to its bait-ball of color, I realized the bait-balls were in certain shapes and spaced apart from each other as if with some hidden design in mind. I flew straight up out of the water and climbed a few hundred meters over the sea. Gasping in fear I saw the fish were all in the shapes of the buttons on a PS3 gaming hand controller, and were blinking in a sequence, indictating a game was being played. Soaring higher I could see hundreds perhaps tens of thousands of these "controllers" being used and it dawned on me that my friends were being masterminded...except by who? Moments later I was back on shore after acquiring one of the minnows, a purple pink blue combo of scales flashing in anger, and definitely not dying from being out of water. The abject fear in my friends' eyes grew noticeably greater when they saw the fish; I took a knife chopped it in ten pieces, placed the pieces in a bucket and lit it on fire. Within I heard the same laughter from earlier in my dream, and moments later a voice like sand and salt being rubbed against each other spoke to me. "We are millions and you are one. You will fail." I placed my hand in the fire and screamed. Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment