Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Road illuminated (Poem)

For years, it seems, I stumbled in a quagmire of knots and twisted alleyways.
For endless moments, it felt, 
I rubbed my eyes viciously with the heels of my palms,
crying for lucidity.
For sprawling sicknesses, coughing up fevered ambition tainted with selflessness,
I sought a cure for my emptiness.

Suddenly, the road I had been walking on became light-flooded.
Every direction, path, twist and turn illuminated.
My eyes dilated in surprise and fear,
horrified, for my future seemed certain to me.

I took three trembling paces into the searing light,
hands out in front of me searching for 
guidance,
a guide,
a seer in my blinding days. Anyone.
On my fourth step I took a turn into a side-street
and my world plunged back into darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment