Monday, September 19, 2011

Wistful (Poem)

Storms soak the sky,
carrying me calmly along. 
Mingling in the peace of my moment,
I pack your things and silently wait
for the pelting of drops on packed sand,
watching
love swim in your eyes like
two little gods fighting between eternity & my immorality.

Churning -
and folds of gray horizons approach in my mind
hand-written sentences disappear,
my peaceful moment with a stomp of a thunderclap vanishes…

I’m tired of being in hiding,
haunted by your confusing room –
      where
storms
in the gods’ noiseless anger
collapse skies and futures into a heap of muddled me's,
where cornered on my doorstep
I realize my anger is faceless.
 
Descending,
wistfully pulling my life along,
furrowing dents in soft green grass where cold rain pounds
and bare feet find escape from a girls’ fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment