Thursday, November 24, 2011

A honeybee sound (Poem)

I remember telling her:
`You've lost me.'
I remember the soft shape of her lips
when they opened halfway in
curiosity and wonder of knowing me,
the way they reached for me and pulled me inwards.

I remember telling him:
'You've left me'
as he drifted into a woman's arms never to return
leaving me bereft,
knowing I would never have a friend like that again
tiny shards of me littered on the pavement outside my apartment.

I remember the pain of ink being pressed into skin
and the whys of such pain
made me immune to the buzzing needle
like a contented honeybee.

I remember being suffused by memories
at a bus stop bench,
where pine cones littered the landscape around me
like discarded toys
and
how I learned to warm myself to sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment