Thursday, November 24, 2011

Little monsters in my head (Poem)

Whisper in any direction
And I'll come,
Summoned by the little monsters in my head
I'll race the sunrise to her post
I'll torment the moon into tears
I'll quicken my pace to a setting horizon.

...A horizon which glows a vampire glow
A horizon which starts at my ending,
A horizon that can discern between monster
And kiss
Between hellogoodbye
Between myself, pitcher plants and their waxy lures.

Miles, perhaps inches or feet apart the planets collide,
And everything disappears like a bottle rocket
Or like villages to an inching Sahara.
The planets collide because you're too weak, 
like myself, 
an elephant ear flapping like a bed sheet on a line to an invisible wind's tempo.

Yet perhaps moments and more miles down the road,
This collision will put me back together somehow,
It will whisper a tangled mess of vines into sense,
It will explode debris to astonishing lengths into my four corners,
And then perhaps I'll be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment