Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tarçın (Poem)

What if life were cinnamon flavored?
I would probably lie down in the raw dough my mom and I kneaded for cinnamon bread, and roll around in the tiny flecks and grains of cane sugar. Certainly I would not care if I were pressed into the side of the bread, after all, what's left after baking other than melted sugar, butter and cinnamon?
Then again, I just might dip myself into a barrel of cinnamon spiced apple cider. Swim around in there for a few minutes, in hopes I might ferment and create yummy goodness. Don't cut a hole please.
Or even better, baked inside an apple or pumpkin pie, crushed from stick shape, melded together with cloves. Who knows?

What about the dark-chocolate colored powder sprinkled on top of coffee? Would I stoop to mixing myself with the whipped cream, or sink quickly to the bottom in anticipation of that slurping slush swish of a straw grasping at the last remnants of a drink?

Or perhaps the trick to a cinnamon flavored life is to be what I've always wanted to be. A ginger cookie. Just mix me right, and don't forget the cloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment