Thursday, November 24, 2011

Maps and Me (Poem)

There are enormous white spots on the map in my head.
Who will fill them? Who will wander over their shadowy glare,
where strangely enough light and dark combine?

I myself stomp around this topographical oddity,
glancing side to side in amusement
as I hear in my mind a symphony hall in full concert,
where a conductor lost in frenzied action
sizzles his electric energy to his players,
knowing only too well the soundtrack 
accompanying my never-ending map
requires at once a violent and blissfully serene soundtrack
with no skips,
no splices that the jigsaw life brings with it,
and certainly no faltering in the virtuoso`s fingers
dancing across my days like bumblebees.

And so I stomp and strut on my map,
peering into faraway corners,
fleeing others that loom too quickly
dripping with unexpected ocean-water at their edges speckled in starlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment